What we do
There are over 47,000 unpaid carers in Wiltshire. 2,700 of them are young adult carers aged between the age of 16 and 25 who look after siblings or parents. We help them to access support, services, education and training, and breaks from their caring role. We ensure carers have a voice in policy making and planning for services, and we work with health and social care professionals and employers to develop best practice.
Our services cover the whole of Wiltshire (excluding Swindon) and are available to anyone who is aged 16 or over. We can also provide support to people caring for someone in Wiltshire who does not live in the county themselves or those registered at a GP surgery funded by the NHS Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
We are proud to be a network partner of the Carers Trust – the leading national charity for carers in the UK.
Read our Social Impact Report, Annual Report and Creating a Caring Community Report to see how we are making a difference
Our Mission, Vision & Values
To create a caring community where Wiltshire recognises, values and supports carers.
We aim to ensure all unpaid carers in Wiltshire are supported, have a voice in policy making and their contribution to the community is valued.
1. Carer centred: Ensuring that carers are at the heart of our decision-making.
2. Collaboration: Working with others to develop and deliver best practice.
3 .Enablement and empowerment: We support the growth of individuals in their community and at work.
4. Innovation: We will take a leading role in the development and improvement of services for carers.
5. Access for all: We seek to ensure that all can access the services they need, when they need them.
6. Integrity and honesty: We work towards the highest standards and ensure accountability and transparency at all times.
7. Compassion and empathy: Understanding and demonstrating kindness and consideration through all our work.
We couldn’t do all that we do without your support, and we endeavour to be honest, accountable and respectful in all that we do. Read our Supporter Charter here.
Feedback and Complaints
Carer Support Wiltshire aims to provide the best possible service to carers in Wiltshire. We view all feedback including complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future. Feedback and complaints may be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone or in person to any of our staff at our offices. Please contact us for a copy of our complaints leaflet.
Accessing the information you need
If you require any of the information on our website in an alternative language or large print please contact us.
Meet the Team
Support Services Team
Reaching Communities Team
Job Opportunities with CSW
There are no vacancies at present, but we are always on the lookout for volunteers to join the team. Find out more here.